Saturday, March 13, 2010

Venting

Do you ever feel like you are constantly trying to prove yourself to other people? Why is this? Doesn't it only really matter what we think of ourselves? I received my real estate license in the mail today! Its official! I worked hard for it and I am proud of what I accomplished! I know I don't have a degree, and some would say that anything less than that is a failure. It is hard not to compare myself to others in that regard. I am looking forward to seeing what the future brings and also in continuing to challenge myself in new areas.

13 comments:

B said...

Seriously! I always feel like people are judging me too... so don't even think twice about it. Like you said, it doesn't matter what they think of what you do. It only matters what you and Lord think. And if you are trying your best, then you can be happy with yourself and what you have done. Who cares about what anyone else says :)

neeleys in olympia said...

come back to Washington! its all about you and your family-nothing else matters!

Madame Mauri said...

You are amazing!! You work hard in all areas of your life! Don't worry about what other people think (unless it is good) :)! We all have different seasons in our life and we have them at different times than others. Don't worry, those that 'think' they are better could very well one day be coming to YOU for advice. :) You should be proud of all you have done and all you DO!! Love you!

Pauline Torgersen said...

You are amazing! I hope you know how much everyone loves you and how impressive you are. It is great that you have accomplished so much. You still have lots of time to do everything you want to do. I am still going to BYU. I'm not doing it for the degree, I'm doing it for myself and to help me remember what is really important. That's my husband and family and the Gospel.

Laura said...

You are awesome Michelle! Love you!!!

Heidi Hamilton said...

Congrats Michelle! You seriously amaze me!

Michelle said...

You are TOO nice Heidi...YOU AMAZE ME!!!

Happy-Hardings said...

That's awesome that you got your license, a lot of people are hoping to measure up to you!

Julie said...

Um, you are AMAZING! That is a huge accomplishment and you will do great! I didn't get my degree either, and yes, some people may judge! But I have an amazing stay at home job that I have done for 15 years and Dang it...I'm proud of myself for my accomplishments! You should be too! We memorized poetry growing up and one of my fav's was called.."Be the Best Of whatever you are"... SO DO IT! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!

Julie said...

ok...I'm gonna go ahead and leave the poem for ya! cause I love it..and you so much.

"BE THE BEST OF WHATEVER YOU ARE"

If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill
Be a shrub in the valley--but be
The best little scrub by the side of the rill;
Be a bush if you can't be a tree.

If you can't be a bush be a bit of the grass,
And some highway some happier make;
If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass--
But the liveliest bass in the lake!

We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew,
There's something for all of us here.
There's big jobs to do and there's lesser to do,
But the task you're to do is the near.

If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,
If you can't be the sun be a star;
It isn't by size that you win or you fail--
Be the best of whatever you are!


****TaDa!!!!!!! You go girl!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Thats awesome Julie! THANKS!!!!

Nathan said...

Reading the comments on this post is helping to confirm my theory that "amazing" (or other derivatives of the word "amaze") is over taking "cute" as the most over used word in the Mormon (mostly female Mormon) vernacular. Pity, "amazing" used to be such a good adjective.

Congrats on the real estate license. And good luck, it's a tough market.

I suggest you watch the scene from Rudy in which the janitor lectures him on proving himself... although that has to do with going to college, but the general principle is the same.