We had a particularly special treat when Bryan's parents came to visit from Utah. We enjoyed the first couple of days here at our house in Olympia and then took a 3 1/2 hour drive to Eastern Washington to beautiful Lake Chelan. We stayed at this amazing resort that Bryan and I stayed in last year. The resort is located on a golf course and has a pool which was Kole's favorite part. Needless to say we went swimming every day-especially since it was so HOT! It had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchen and living area. It also had a really nice little balcony with a table and chairs. We spent several evenings sitting out there enjoying the gorgeous view. On the 4th of July we went on a picnic at the lake. On the way, we stopped and got apple cider slushies and they gave the boys some 4th of July pinwheels. Kamden thought those were the coolest thing! Kole of course made friends with the other people that were also at the lake and was not the least bit afraid of the cold water! Later that day we went out to eat at a Mexican place and then got some fireworks to take back to the hotel. By the time it was dark enough Kamden was already in bed but Kole had the best time ever. We had "sparklers" and "strobe lights." It lasted about 20 minutes and was truly 20 minutes of pure joy for Kole. I think as far as he was concerned we could have gone home after that. On our last day there, Grandma and Grandpa had to go so they could continue on their journey to San Francisco to see Adelaide. After they left we took the kids to a SlideWaters waterpark. It was the perfect way to end the week. Overall I think our first family vacation was a success and I can't wait for many more to come!
Hey Michelle, Your blog is cute!!! Your boys are so big. I never got to meet Kamden. He's darling! He reminds me of my Lilly, bald. Maybe he has hair and I can't really tell from the pictures, but my daughter is bald ! Anyway I'm glad that we are able to keep in touch! Kimbur
We are very excited to have started this blog so we can keep in touch with friends and family. We hope that you will also keep in touch with us and let us know what you are doing. We love to hear about what is going on with everyone! Feel free to leave a comment or shoot us an email.
1 comment:
Hey Michelle,
Your blog is cute!!! Your boys are so big. I never got to meet Kamden. He's darling! He reminds me of my Lilly, bald. Maybe he has hair and I can't really tell from the pictures, but my daughter is bald ! Anyway I'm glad that we are able to keep in touch!
Kimbur
Post a Comment